Thank You For Choosing Regence BlueCross
BlueShield Medicare Supplement Plans!
Medicare Supplement Summary:
Medicare Insurance provides good coverage. The monthly rate that would be withheld from your social security checks is only $58.70 per month in 2003). The amount of coverage offered by Medicare is one of the greatest bargains today.
However, Medicare doesn't cover everything. It has gaps in its coverage, some of which could be devastating to an individual whom becomes sick and does not have a Medicare Supplement/Medigap insurance plan.
Three of the most serious gaps are:
(1) The Part A (Hospital) deductible of $840 (in 2003) per incident that must be paid when a beneficiary enters a hospital.
(2) The Part B Coinsurance of 20 percent that must be paid when the beneficiary receives Medicare benefits outside of a hospital.
(3) Coverage for prescription drugs. You can read more about Medicare’s gaps by clicking on this download.
· Guide To Health Insurance For People With Medicare (“Choosing A Medigap Policy”).
Ten Standard Medicare Supplement Plans and Medicare Select. In 1992, the Utah State Department of Insurance (DOI) standardized the Medicare Supplement plans sold in Utah. They determined that
(1) Only ten plans (Plans A - J) could be offered.
(2) Each of the plans would have specific benefits
(3) Regardless of which company sold the plans, the "A - J" plans sold by one insurance company would have exactly the same benefits as the "A - J" plans sold by another insurance company. All companies selling Medicare Supplement plans in Utah were required to sell Plan A, but they had their choice of selling any or all of the remaining nine plans. Subsequently, the DOI approved the sale of several additional types of Medicare Supplement plans in Utah, including Medicare Select insurance plans, and High Deductible plans F and J.
Distinct Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah Advantages. When it comes to Medicare Supplement plans Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah, Regence BCBSU, has distinct advantages not enjoyed by other insurance companies:
Other Regence BCBSU Advantages. Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah offers many other advantages to purchasers by their Medicare Supplement plans:
Their Medicare supplement plans offer a comprehensive network of providers, including 100 percent of Utah hospitals and more than 96 percent of physicians and practitioners.